Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Diction Exercises

Diction Exercises 

- articulation drills to make sure they get your message

Why should you do diction exercises?
Because your speech content may be great, you may look fantastic but unless your audience can UNDERSTAND what you're saying, your message is lost.

Moses supposes his toeses are roses,
But Moses supposes erroneously,
For nobody's 
toeses are posies of roses
As Moses supposes his 
toeses to be.

Theophilus Thistler, the thistle sifter, in sifting a sieve of unsifted thistles, thrust three thousand thistles through the thick of his thumb.

'I am the very pattern of a modern Major-General;
I've information vegetable, animal, and mineral;
I know the Kings of England, and I quote the fights historical,
From Marathon to Waterloo, in order categorical;
I'm very well acquainted too with matters mathematical,
I understand equations, both simple and 
quadratical,
About binomial theorem I'm teeming with a lot o' news,
With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse.
I'm very good at integral and differential calculus,
I know the scientific names of beings 
animalculous,
In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General.'

http://www.write-out-loud.com/dictionexercises.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

CORALINE BY NEIL GAIMAN (ENGLAND)

CORALINE BY NEIL GAIMAN (ENGLAND) Coraline [Excerpt] by Neil G...