Tuesday, June 20, 2017

The Rural Maid By Fernando M. Maramag

The Rural Maid
By Fernando M. Maramag
1.
Thy glance, sweet maid, when first we met,
Had left a heart that aches for thee,
I feel the pain of fond regret—
Thy heart, perchance, is not for me.
2.
We parted: though we met no more,
My dreams are dreams of thee, fair maid;
I think of thee, my thoughts implore
The hours my lips on thine are laid.
3.
Forgive these words that love impart,
And pleading, bare the poet’s breast;
And if a rose with thorns thou art,
Yet on my breast that rose may rest.
4.
I know not what to name thy charms,
Thou art half human, half divine;
And if I could hold thee in my arms,
I know both heaven and earth were mine.

INDIVIDUAL ACTIVITY:
  Write a close analysis/critical interpretation or brief essay (three-stanza)- (PERSONAL THEME & MESSAGE) about the poem of Fernando Maramag, write it on your notebook and post it on your FB account tagged to my FB account or present thru a video presentation.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

CORALINE BY NEIL GAIMAN (ENGLAND)

CORALINE BY NEIL GAIMAN (ENGLAND) Coraline [Excerpt] by Neil G...